Serving homemade kosher cakes or Whisky cakes is the cost effective option that doesn’t compel to compromise with taste, quality and variety. Here, I am giving recipes for both; just try, serve and enjoy both of these. Here, I am giving recipes for both; just try, serve and enjoy both of these.
This is the season of festival, as the biggest festival Christmas and soon after New Year is coming soon. Everyone is thinking about the party, special menu, exciting party etc. Serving homemade kosher cakes or Whisky cakes is the cost effective option that doesn’t compel to compromise with taste, quality and variety. Here, I am giving recipes for both; just try, serve and enjoy both of these.
If you like the cake that is not too rich and that goes great with a glass of tea, cup of coffee, then this Lemon Kosher Cakes is for you.
• 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
• 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
• 1/2 tsp. baking soda
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
• 1/4 tsp. salt
• 2 tsp. grated lemon peel
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 cup sour cream
• 2 eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray.
2. Blend together the baking powder, flour, salt and baking soda.
3. Mix lemon peel, melted butter, sour cream, sugar and eggs.
4. Now add flour mixture to the butter mixture.
5. Pour batter into loaf pan.
6. Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 40 -50 minutes, or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Finally cool for 20 minutes.
The other cake I am talking about is Honey and Whiskey Cake.
• 6 oz/170 g butter
• 6 oz/170 g self-raised flour
• 3 beaten eggs
• 6 oz/170 g soft brown sugar
• Grated rind of a small orange
• 4 tablespoons whisky
Ingredients for butter icing
• 2 oz/56 g butter
• 6 oz/170 g icing (frosting) sugar
• Orange Juice
• 2 tablespoons clear honey
Cream the butter and sugar. Now add the orange rind and beat in the eggs, one at a time. Whisk until mixture is fluffy. Sift in half the self-raised flour. Add the whisky. Fold into mixture and sift in the remaining flour. Bake for 30 – 35 minutes in oven at 375 °F / 190 °C/ Gas Mark 6 until the cake is light golden color. Allow it to cool. Place the honey butter, icing sugar and 1 tablespoon orange juice in the mixing bowl to mix. Use half butter cream as a sandwich between the two halves of the cake. Spread the rest gently on the top of Whisky Cake.